Chan and I just returned from a trip to Cozumel with our friends John and Jayme. It was great and a break from this cold weather was long overdue. We got off to a rocky start when our plane was delayed in Cincinnati and caused us to miss our connecting flight in Houston after running full speed through the airport and getting to our gate 3 minutes after the plane left. It was so disappointing and I will always feel for those people I see dashing through the airport with a panicked look on their face. We had to spend the night in Houston along with everyone else on our plane but we made the most of it and had a pretty good time despite the fact that we had to be up and at the airport again at 6:30am. We were sitting pool side in Mexico by noon with a drink in hand.
The weather was great all week. I can't imagine being there in June or July. It was really hot while we were there. After all day in the sun and water with new drinks brought to us before the ones we had were finished we would collapse in bed every night after dinner. Wow, how things have changed since college days. We took a sunset cruise on Tuesday and as we were walking down the peer to the boat we kept hearing other people who looked barely over 18 talking about the "booze cruise" they were going on. We soon found out that our "sunset cruise" and their "booze cruise" were one and the same. We really enjoyed ourselves though. The captain asked Chan how we ended up on the boat with all the spring breaker's and I was wondering if we really looked that much older??? We got our Corona's and sat back and enjoyed the view and by view I mean all the younger crowd in their barely there outfits and shorts with no shirts shakin' it all over the boat. I think Chan and John really liked the "sunset cruise"....
Wednesday we took scuba lessons in the pool. I really liked it and caught on pretty quick. I decided I would take another class before going out in the ocean. Chan and John went out that day and we got some great pics from their trip. I'm definitely on board for next time and don't think I will have any problems. Instead of diving I joined in the water aerobics taught by Kenya who kept us going by yelling out "Yippa! Yippa! Ariba! Ariba! Chan really caught on to her little chants and I have a feeling I'll be hearing that around our house a lot for the next few weeks.
I loved the resort we stayed at and would recommend Cozumel to anyone. We had a great time and weren't ready for the rude awakening we got when we stepped off the plane to 40 degree weather and cold rain. I was happy to get back to my dog though. Deuce is almost done pouting and letting me know that he didn't appreciate us leaving him for a week and has decided to lay down on my lap and take a nap. I will probably always schedule vacation in early spring or the end of winter from now on. It's a great time to go and get away from the cold weather.
2 comments:
What an awesome trip to Cozumel!!! Looks gorgeous and I'm dying laughing with the "sunset cruise" and NO you don't look OLD :) It really is hard to do like the ol' college days huh? I'm so glad your blogging. YEA love and miss ya
Hey Alissa! It's Angie...I saw from Tisha's blog that you started your own blog. Your vacation looked fabulous and I'm looking forward to the warm weather, too. It's been a while since I've seen you. I guess I missed you at Heather's shower because I wasn't able to attend. Beckley will be arriving, soon...
Post a Comment