Chan and I headed to my parents pulling our Yamaha Rhino for a fun day of trail riding and hanging out with my family. My dad, uncle, and some other guys from the area have a hobby of building old Suzuki Samarai's into rock crawlers and big four wheelers. They usually get together once or twice through the week and will occasionally take weekend trips together to rough it and try to out do one another in their modified jeeps.
My family has a lot of wooded land that hasn't been touched except for the small trails these guys have made while riding. So, Chan and I took off on the rhino and had been gone about 5 minutes when we could hear this roaring behind us. Yep, it was Dad and my sister. He had to show us up. He literally acts like a 16 yr old boy. While he was trying to catch up with us by going off trail he managed to climb his jeep halfway up a tree and bent his axle. Ha! Ha! That's what he gets for showing off. Don't worry, no big deal. They tear these up or break something at least once a month. I'm sure they will have a lot of fun standing around and working on it.
My family has a lot of wooded land that hasn't been touched except for the small trails these guys have made while riding. So, Chan and I took off on the rhino and had been gone about 5 minutes when we could hear this roaring behind us. Yep, it was Dad and my sister. He had to show us up. He literally acts like a 16 yr old boy. While he was trying to catch up with us by going off trail he managed to climb his jeep halfway up a tree and bent his axle. Ha! Ha! That's what he gets for showing off. Don't worry, no big deal. They tear these up or break something at least once a month. I'm sure they will have a lot of fun standing around and working on it.
After the ride I took my nephews out in a field to get a little practice driving. That was interesting..... My oldest nephew listened intently while I explained to him how he should drive. Don't take corners too fast, if you hit a hole while going fast you'll be airborn, etc.... He took mental notes and drove like a pro. A little cautious but pretty good. My youngest nephew listened while I talked but was anxious to get moving. And move he did.... He floored it and I thought I was going to fly off the thing. He was a maniac. I had to stop him and give him a refresher course in safe driving. Wow, what an experience. Thank goodness he has a long time before he'll be out on the road....
It was a great weekend and I always love going home and hanging out with my family. Chan and I live in a subdivision now so I really miss my home in Irvine. I was thinking about all the fun Tisha and I had on the farm growing up. Tisha, if I can find that picture of you driving the tractor, I'm posting it so watch out. We need to take Kevo there one day so he can take a wild ride with Dad.
It was a great weekend and I always love going home and hanging out with my family. Chan and I live in a subdivision now so I really miss my home in Irvine. I was thinking about all the fun Tisha and I had on the farm growing up. Tisha, if I can find that picture of you driving the tractor, I'm posting it so watch out. We need to take Kevo there one day so he can take a wild ride with Dad.
1 comment:
Love the memories of good ol' fun at your house. Your Dad has always loved his toys huh?? I'm going to crack up if you post the pictures of my one and only tractor ride.... love ya and YES please plan a trip to NC this summer!!!!
Post a Comment