Sunday, May 18, 2008

Leadership Madison County

If you haven't heard of Leadership Madison County, it is a class given by the Richmond Chamber of Commerce. The class consists of 17-19 people from with different career backgrounds in Madison Co. The class meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month for 9 months. Each month has a topic (Education, Human Services, Agriculture, Local Government, Health, etc.) and we visit different sites in Madison Co. that relate to the topic. It's a great way to learn about your community and find ways to get involved. I'm not originally from Madison County so I learned a tremendous amount but even the people that grew up here admitted that there were a lot of things going on that they never knew about. Anyone reading this should try to get involved with their local Chamber of Commerce if they plan on settling down there. I learned so much about what's going on and what plans are in the works for the future. We had our "graduation" luncheon on Friday afternoon and a cookout later at one of my classmate's house. I feel a little sad that I won't be seeing my new friends each month but I think we'll all try to get together in the future. My friend Lyndsey and I plan on having lunch each week. We actually work just down the street from each other. Here are some pics I took at the beginning of our class.

Everyone should get involved in their community. I met a lot of great people and plan on getting even more involved. We should all be concerned with what's going on in the place we call home.

1 comment:

Tisha & Kevin said...

Look at you "Miss Community Service/Leadership Lady" That is so good....I do agree we should all be involved in our communities more. Maybe I should try to find time for this myself. Your so good.